Alaska, the lower 48 and the Great land of millions of Lakes, is the largest yet the least populated state of the United States.
Originally, it was a part of the Russian territory and was bought by the US for a staggering $7.2 million in 1867.
Providence Health and Services was the largest employer for the 2010 session.
Alaska is not among the healthy health status counties and is among one of the unsafe states in the nation.
Health Services and Department in the State are still in initial development phases.
What is the Alaska Board of Nursing and what is the importance of the Board?
The Alaska Board of Nursing is the governing and administrative council that regulates and embodies the nursing laws in the Alaska State.
It takes care of any complaints and issues regarding misbehavior and violation of laws against any nurse practitioner.
The State Boards of Nursing are also responsible for taking care of the various nursing programs that are running in the state.
The Alaska Board of Nursing works under the Governor and State Department of health services.
The major responsibilities of the Alaska Board can be assimilated as under:
- The Board governs the promotion and maintenance of nursing programs in the State.
- Maintaining a record of various nurse practitioners and nurse assistants in the state.
- Providing the information and application forms on various issues and training programs.
- Maintaining the nurse aide registry as well as the abuse registry in the state.
- Reviewing and evaluating the performance of various programs and events in Alaska.
- Checking the license and certification of working professionals and reporting the imposters.
- Maintaining the standards of service and ensuring the nursing laws regulation in the state.
Some Facts about the Alaska Board of Nursing
The Alaska Board of Nursing works under the commercial services department of the Alaska Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development.
There are 4 quarterly meetings in every calendar year.
Various important issues, like the promotion and development of health care services, are discussed during the meeting.
A final public comment is passed after each meeting by the Executive Administrator of the Board.
Division of Corporations & Licensing appoints the board members in Alaska.
Name: ALASKA BOARD OF NURSING
Address: 550 West Seventh Avenue, Suite 1500 Anchorage, Alaska 99501-3567
Phone Number: 907.269.8161
Board Staff: 5
- Nancy Sanders (Executive Administrator- Ph.D., RN)
- Lisa Maroney (Record and Licensing Supervisor)
- Bobbie McDow (Administrative Clerk)
- Madeleine Henderson (Licensing Examiner- LPN, RN)
- Jen Jensen (Licensing Examiner- LPN, RN)