- The Information Received By Our Websites and How We Use It
- The Information Received By Advertising Networks Operating on Our Website
- User’s Comments
- Links to Other Websites
- Rights and Choices for California Residents
The Information Received By Our Websites and How We Use It
In order to gather statistical and demographic data and to assess the effectiveness of our website, we collect non-identifiable information about our visitors.
Our web server recognizes the IP address used by our visitors, the date and time of visits, and the webpage from which the visitors enter our website. We also collect data on how long each visitor spends on our website. However, specific details about the identity of those that visit our sire remain private.
The only reasons why we collect generic data and information is in order to improve our website, its resources, and function; we also collect data in order to diagnose problems with our server and for the monitoring of traffic to our site.
On occasion, we share demographic and statistical information about our visitors with our marketing partners. This type of data however does not reveal any information regarding the identity of our visitors; it is related to our group of visitors as a whole.
The Information Received By Advertising Networks Operating on Our Website
There are various ad networks that we allow to display advertisements on our site. These networks, like our site, collect information that is non-personally identifiable, in order to provide you with ads that are related tailored to your interests. Although it is possible to opt-out of receiving personalized ads, you cannot opt-out of receiving generic adverts allowed by our site.
Note, however, that the ad networks that show you adverts have no access to your personal information
Users of our website have permission to make comments on it. The responsibility of the content of the comments lies entirely with the commentator and may include personal data and information the commentators provide.
We, therefore, disclaim any responsibility to the manners in which the information and personal data provided by commentators may be used by 3rd parties. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to remove or edit comments due to reasons that may include erroneous content or inappropriate content.
Our site contains likes to other various websites which may ask you to provide them with personal information and data such as your name, phone number, address, social media accounts, and email address.
Rights and Choices for California Residents
The CCPA provides some certain California residents with rights concerning their personal information. In this section are described your CCPA, along with an explanation on how to exercise those rights. Please note that some certain residents of California won’t have these rights to the extent their personal info is “excluded personal information” as stated above. The CCPA doesn’t provide these rights to b2b personal information.
California Residents Access to Data Portability Rights and Specific Information
You have the right to ask the Company to disclose certain info to you about our collection of your data and personal information over the last 12 months. Before we disclose the information, we first verify the identity of the consumer who is making the request.
Once verification has been possible, we will, based on your request, disclose to you:
- The categories of the personal data and info we collected about you
- The categories of the sources for personal info we collected about you
- Our commercial or business purpose for the collection of that personal info
- The categories of 3rd parties with who personal information is shared
- The specific pieces of data and personal information that were collected about you (which allows you to copy or port your data)
- Two separate lists that disclose:
- That we did not sell in your personal info, and
- The personal info categories that were obtained from each category of recipient
Deletion Request Rights for Residents of California
Residents of California have the right to request that we delete personal info that was retained or collected about them, subject to some exception. First, identity verification is necessary. Once your identity is verified, we will go on to delete (and ask our service providers to also delete) your personal info from all our records, unless there is an exemption in place. It is necessary that you contact directly the applicable schools in order for them to delete information they may have about you on their systems.
It is possible that our deletion request may be denied in the event that retaining of information is necessary for us or for service providers to:
- Complete transactions for which personal information was collected, provide a service or goods that you requested, take actions anticipated within the context of business relationships with you that will be ongoing, or otherwise perform the contract we have with you.
- Protect against malicious, fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activity, to detect security incidents, or prosecute people responsible for such incidents and accidents.
- Debug products in order to repair and identify errors that impair the existing and intended functionality
- Exercise of free speech, ensure the right of another person to exercise his or her right to free speech or exercise another right that is provided for by law.
- Comply with the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of California
- Engage in peer-reviewed scientific or public, statistical, or historical research in the public interest that adheres to all privacy laws and other applicable ethics, when the deletion of the information will seriously impair or render impossible the research’s achievement when consent was previously provided
- Enable internal uses that are aligned with the customer’s expectations based on the relationship you have with us.
- Comply with a legally-binding obligation
- Make other lawful and internal uses of that info that are compatible with the context with which you provided us with the information.
We may also choose to limit the deletion of information provided to us to the extent that is permitted by applicable law.
Non-Discrimination against Residents of California
We will not under any circumstances, discriminate against you, for exercising your CCPA right. Unless otherwise permitted by the CCPA, we won’t:
- Deny services or goods to you
- Charges you rates or prices for services or goods that are different, including through the granting of discounts or benefits, or through the imposing of penalties
- Provide you with a quality or level of services or goods that are different
- Suggests to you that you may receive a rate or price for goods or services that are different or a quality of goods or services that is different
However, it is possible that we may offer you financial incentives that are permitted by the CPPA that can result in varying rates, prices, or quality levels. Any financial incentives we offer that are permitted by the CCPA will relate to your personal info’s value to our Company and contain written terms describing the material aspects of the program.
To participate in our financial incentive programs requires your prior consent to opt-in, which can be revoked at any time. Currently, we are not providing any financial incentives to our customers and users.