Pennsylvania, more often known as the State of Independence, is 6th most populated in the whole nation.
Besides this name, Pennsylvania has many other names associated with it following the vivid and deep History, Geography and Economy of the state. Some of the other names of Pennsylvania are Keystone State, Oil State, Coal State, and Quaker State.
On 2nd December 1787, Pennsylvania became the second state to be admitted to US union and since then, it has been involved in numerous historical events that registered the evolution and development of the whole country.
Banking, Agriculture, and Betting are the three terms, which can state the whole economy of Pennsylvania.
What is the status of health in Pennsylvania and the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing?
The Department of Health was established in 1905 and has taken care of various health issues in the state.
It supervises various subdivisions and has helped a lot in the development & betterment of health services in state.
Pennsylvania Board of Nursing is more commonly known as the Bureau of professional and occupational affairs.
The Bureau works under guidelines of the Department of Health in Pennsylvania and has various subdivisions such as licensing, examination, and PHMP, which help in proper execution of board operations and programs.
Pennsylvania Board of Nursing reviews the various nursing programs and training schools in Pennsylvania State.
From the enforcement of nursing laws to acting against violation of nursing laws, PBN is involved and responsible for all the decisions and actions were taken by any board officials.
Which are the various boards beside the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing?
PNB has various other boards and commissions associated with it to ensure the proper standardization of various nursing professionals in the state.
All the boards including the PNB have to follow the general assembly laws for nursing.
Here is a list of various boards associated with PNB:
- State Board of Chiropractic
- State Board of Dentistry
- State Board of Medicine
- State Board of Massage Therapy
- State Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators
- State Board of Optometry
- State Board of Psychology
- State Board of Veterinary Medicine and many more.
Who elects the Board Members and what is the selection process?
The Board Members are elected by the Governor in association with the State Legislative Assembly and Senates of the State.
The aspirants are required to submit an application form at Governor’s office.
All the applications are thoroughly researched and most deserving candidates are appointed as board members.
Here is a list of current Board members:
- Ames, Robert E. (Public Member) 6/10/14 – 6/10/20 USQ for Six Months 2nd Term
- Coughlin, Ann Michele, RN, MSN, MBA (Vice Chairperson) 4/19/17 – 4/19/23 USQ for Six Months 2nd Term
- Hendricks, BSBH, RN, LPN, Suzanne M. 11/18/13 – 11/18/19 USQ for Six Months 2nd Term
- Hertzler, LPN, Sue E. 10/14/14 – 10/14/20 USQ for Six Months1st Term
- Kerns, Esquire, Linda A. (Public Member) 10/15/12 – 10/15/18 USQ for Six Months1st Term
- Kieselhorst, RD LDN, Kessey 3/14/16 – 3/14/22 USQ for Six Months 1st Term
- Kmetz, Ph.D., RN, Linda L. (Chairperson) 5/13/13 – 5/13/19 USQ for Six Months 1st Term
- Luchs, RN, Sherri 3/14/16 – 3/14/22 USQ for Six Months 1st Term
- Malady, BSN, RN, Kristin 4/19/17 – 4/19/23 USQ for Six Months 2nd Term
- O’Donnell, DrPH, John M. 5/22/17 – 5/22/23 USQ for Six Months 2nd Term
- Owen, Esquire, Jason R. (Public Member) 3/17/14 – 9/24/19 USQ for Six Months 1st Term
- Vincent, CRNP, Bridget E. 5/22/17 – 5/22/23 USQ for Six Months 1st Term
Name: PENNSYLVANIA BOARD OF NURSING
Address: P.O. Box 2649, Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649
Board Members: 13 members
Contact Number: 717-783-7142 (Phone) 717-783-0822 (FAX)