- Health Administration Degrees in Pennsylvania
- Possible Employers and Professional Resources for Health Administrators in Pennsylvania
- Job Postings in Healthcare Administration in Pennsylvania
- Health Administration Salaries and Job Growth in Pennsylvania
Health Administration Degrees in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania boasts a huge number of accredited institutions that offer health administration degree programs
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY – Fox School of Business – Philadelphia
Master of Health Administration (On Campus)
The estimated cost per academic year is $20,052 for an in-state resident and $22,410 for an out of state students.
The school is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education; Council on Education for Public Health.
THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY – College of Health and Human Development – University Park
- Master of Health Administration (On Campus, Online)
The estimated cost per academic year is $19,964 for an in-state resident and $34,266 for an out of state one.
The school is proud to be accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education; Council on Education for Public Health.
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH – School of Public Health – Pittsburgh
- Master of Health Administration in Health Policy and Management (On Campus)
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration
The estimated cost per academic year is $26,136 MHA for an in-state student, $27,188 MHA/MBA for in-state residents, $43,392 MHA for out of state ones and $41,380 MHA/MBA for out of state residents.
The school boasts the accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education; Council on Education for Public Health.
UNIVERSITY OF SCRANTON – The Panuska College of Professional Studies – Scranton
- Master of Health Administration (Online, On Campus, Accelerated)
- Master of Healthcare Administration/Doctor of Medicine
The estimated cost per academic year is $11,580 for on-campus classes and $11,280 for online education.
The school is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education.
WIDENER UNIVERSITY – School of Business Administration – Chester
- Master of Business Administration-Health Care Management (on-campus, online)
- Master of Business Administration/Juris Doctor
- Master of Business Administration/Master of Jurisprudence
- Master of Business Administration/Master of Science in Engineering
- Master of Business Administration/Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Psychology/Master of Business Administration
The estimated cost per academic year is $12,240 for on-campus students and $12,048 for online classes.
The school is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education; Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
There are several different types of bachelor’s degree programs in Pennsylvania:
- Bachelor of Health Administration (BHA)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Administration (BSHA)
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration
The bachelor’s program takes around four years to be completed and is made up of 120-semester credits, of which the first 60 credits are usually general undergraduate courses.
Classes that undergraduate students will take are essential for any professional working in the healthcare administration field, including:
- Health care informatics
- Healthcare resources, consumers, and payers
- Principles of management
- Principles of marketing
- Analysis of financial statements
- Strategic planning and healthcare management
- Human resource management
- Legal issues in the healthcare business environment
- Managerial economics
- Job Postings in Healthcare Administration in Pennsylvania
Students who do not like online education can find relevant bachelor’s degree programs in the cities of:
- University Park
Relevant graduate degree programs include:
- Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Healthcare Management or Administration
- MHA/MBA dual degree program
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA)
- JD/MSHA dual degree program
- MSN/MBA dual degree program
In the majority of schools, common admission standards for graduate education include:
- Completion of course prerequisites
- Minimum undergraduate GPA
- Essay regarding personal career and academic goals
- Letters of recommendation
- Years of professional work experience
- Some programs require current employment in the healthcare industry
The graduate program consists of 30-60 semester credits, and it takes between 12-24 months to be completed.
Many programs will additionally include a thesis paper or capstone project before graduation.
Core courses studied throughout the program cover topics such as:
- Global economics for healthcare managers
- Strategy for the management of large healthcare organizations
- Medical informatics and statistics
- Advanced healthcare policy and law
- Quantitative methods for healthcare organizations
- Macro data analysis and interpretation for healthcare organizations
- Advanced healthcare financial management and accounting
- Compliance for accreditation
There are still students who do not like relevant programs that can be found online, so they look for college campuses throughout Pennsylvania that also offer relevant degrees:
- West Chester
- University Park
Possible Employers and Professional Resources for Health Administrators in Pennsylvania
Significant Employers of Healthcare Administrators
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center in Philadelphia
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia
- Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown
- Lancaster General Hospital
- Hershey Medical Center
- PinnacleHealth Hospitals in Harrisburg
- Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia
- Geisinger Medical Center in Danville
- Wilkes-Barre General Hospital
- VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center
- Philadelphia VA Medical Center
- Erie VA Medical Center
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania
- UnitedHealthcare of Pennsylvania
- HealthAmerica Pennsylvania
- Eastern Pennsylvania Healthcare Executives Network
- Pennsylvania Medical Group Management Association
- Pennsylvania Health Information Management Association
- Pennsylvania Health Care Association
- Healthcare Council of Western Pennsylvania
- Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Health Management Associates
- Health Care Administrators Association
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management
Job Postings in Healthcare Administration in Pennsylvania
Hershey Medical Center – Practice Site Manager I – he/she will be ensuring that daily operations in the Medicine Suite function smoothly and applicants should hold at least a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field, such as healthcare administration.
Process Improvement Program Manager – He/she will be managing a portfolio of broad projects, developing strategies to accomplish targeted goals; preferred applicants should have a master’s degree in a healthcare-related field, such as an MHA, MSN, or MPH.
Integration Project Manager – He/she will be responsible for overseeing the integration of a significant range of system-wide enterprises, and so as to qualify for this position, you need to possess an MHA or MBA.
Rothman Institute in Philadelphia – Associate Director of Business Services – the management of employee credentialing, worker’s compensation, business services, and insurance contracts are just some of his/her future duties; preferred candidates should hold an MHA, MBA, or other master’s degree.
Health Administration Salaries and Job Growth in Pennsylvania
The median salary for healthcare administrators in Pennsylvania is $116214, just slightly above the national average.
Still, there are health administration professionals who earn as much as $131068 per year.Annual Salary Range:
Average Salary of Healthcare Administrators in Pennsylvania