If you have aspirations of becoming a sterile processing technician and you live in Kentucky, you’ll be pleased to know there are options for your training.
Register to attend a program at an accredited school and prepare for a top-notch career in healthcare.
You’ll learn how to sanitize and decontaminate surgical tools and other medical equipment for different settings.
- Steps to Become a Sterile Processing Technician in Kentucky
- Sterile Processing Technician Schools in Kentucky
- Sterile Processing Technician Schools in Kentucky – Summary Table
- Salary for Sterile Processing Technicians in Kentucky
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you need to get certification to work as a sterile processing technician in Kentucky?
- What is the introductory certification for a sterile processing tech in Kentucky?
- What are some careers in the sterile processing tech field in Kentucky?
- Where can you make the highest salary in the sterile processing technician career in Kentucky?
Steps to Become a Sterile Processing Technician in Kentucky
- Get your high school diploma or an equivalent. This is crucial no matter what type of job you want in the field and where you’d like to work.
- Research and enter a training program. Be sure to talk to an advisor and ask plenty of questions about the courses, requirements, what type of certification is available once the program is complete, and what to expect otherwise.
- Take part in an internship to get hands-on experience in the field. You’ll be more prepared for employment when you get this form of training beforehand and this confidence certainly will show when it comes to working.
- Find employment at an entry-level position. Determine what further certification and education you’ll need in order to advance.
- Take continuing education courses over time so that you remain current on the newest technology and techniques.
Sterile Processing Technician Schools in Kentucky
West Kentucky Community & Technical College
This school offers a Central Sterile Processing Course and is located in Paducah.
It allows you to work at your own pace and the program is 145 contact hours.
Once you finish the program, you’ll be able to take the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management certification exam.
You need to complete 8 hours in the surgical suite before you can enter this program.
Reach out by calling 270-554-9200 for more information and visit the website – Central Sterile Processing (kctcs.edu)
This course program is offered online.
The career diploma program prepares you for a sterile processing tech career as well as to take the Certified Registered Central Service Technician exam.
You’ll learn about medical terminology, sterilization, decontamination, how to identify common pathogens, and how to properly transport medical equipment, among other things.
The program is self-paced, yet many people can complete it within no more than four months.
It costs about $1,200 if you pay the full amount at once for tuition, which is a slight discount compared to if you’re on a payment plan.
You can contact a representative at 1-800-957-5412 or visit the website to get more information – Sterile Processing Technician Training – Ashworth College
This program is offered online, which is great since there can be a lack of training schools in Kentucky for sterile processing tech careers.
The self-paced program can be completed within a few months.
You’ll learn about infection control, how to properly sanitize and decontaminate medical equipment in surgical and other healthcare settings, medical terminology, and HIPAA requirements.
The tuition is reasonable and there are flexible payment plans available.
Contact a Penn Foster representative by calling 800-851-1819 and check out the website for more information – Health Care Programs | Penn Foster
Sterile Processing Technician Schools in Kentucky – Summary Table
Top 3 Schools in Kentucky
|West Kentucky Community & Technical College||4810 Alben Barkley Dr, Paducah, KY 42001, USA|
|Ashworth College||5051 Peachtree Corners Cir #200, Norcross, GA 30092, USA|
|Penn Foster||925 Oak St, Scranton, PA 18515, United States|
Salary for Sterile Processing Technicians in Kentucky
The average salary for people working as sterile processing technicians in Kentucky is $43,184 per year.Annual Salary Range:
Average Salary of Sterile Processing Technicians in Kentucky
Regional Salary in Kentucky
|Region||Employed||Avg. Annual Salary||Avg. Hourly Pay||Top 10% Annual Salary||Bottom 10% Annual Salary|
|Louisville/Jefferson County, KY-IN||260||$43,180||$20.76||$56,080||$31,990|
* Employment conditions in your area may vary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need to get certification to work as a sterile processing technician in Kentucky?
No, you aren’t required to get a sterile processing tech certification to be able to work in this field in the state of Kentucky.
It is important to note that some employers will ask that you have certification.
What is the introductory certification for a sterile processing tech in Kentucky?
The entry-level exam for sterile processing technicians in Kentucky is the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) exam.
What are some careers in the sterile processing tech field in Kentucky?
There are several career positions in this field that include Sterilization Technician, Sterile Processing Technician, Travel Sterile Processing Technician, Sterile Processing Manager, and Central Sterile Tech.
Where can you make the highest salary in the sterile processing technician career in Kentucky?
You’re more likely to receive a higher salary in Louisville and Lexington.
There also are more opportunities in these cities.